About Brooklyn Fire & EMS Department
The Brooklyn Fire Department was established July 27 1906. The first station was located at the corner of Rutland and Hotel Streets until a larger Fire Station was constructed in 1967 at 104 S Rutland. This multi-bay station housed the fire and all equipment, including the new EMS, established on July 1, 1996. This station continued to serve the needs of the department until the current station at 401 W. Main St was built April 21, 2007.